"We are a high achieving school. Our students consistently exceed nationally expected grades in all subjects at all levels. "

Key Stage 5

At Key Stage 5 students select a smaller range of subjects to study, typically choosing to study 4 AS Levels in Year 12 and then 4 or 3 A Levels in Year 13. Students are free to choose subjects from the list below, provided they meet the entrance requirements for each. A Level study allows students the freedom to explore those subjects they enjoy most in greater depth, enabling them to develop the skills, knowledge and understanding needed for Higher Education and employment. As entry to university and employment become increasingly competitive, the grades students achieve are becoming ever more important and students are supported through the transition from GCSE to AS level by an outstanding pastoral system and access to excellent study facilities.

All students are expected to work consistently hard and are set challenging AS and A Level targets based on their attainment at GCSE. Progress toward these targets is monitored on a half-termly basis and parents receive an Assessment Tracker report at the end of each term, showing their son or daughter’s target grade and current grade along with attitude to learning, behaviour and homework grades in each subject studied. Parents also have the opportunity to discuss their son or daughter’s academic progress in a consultation evening with all subject teachers and will receive a formal written report annually.

Entry requirements for the Sixth Form are as follows:

Grades C or above in English Language and Mathematics. Students not achieving these levels are required to continue their study in these subjects.

3 AS Subjects 4 AS Subjects 5 AS Subjects
Minimum of 45 points from GCSEs Minimum of 55 points from GCSEs By negotiation with the Head of Sixth Form only

A Level Options:

• Art
  • Biology
  • Business Studies
  • Chemistry
  • Computing
  • Creative Writing
  • Dance
  • Drama and Theatre Studies
  • Economics
  • English Literature
  • English Language and Literature
  • Film Studies
  • French
  • Further Mathematics
  • Geography
  • German
  • History
  • Mathematics
  • Music
  • Photography
  • Philosophy and Ethics
  • Physical Education
  • Physics
  • Psychology