Key Stage 4

At Key Stage 4 students build on the skills, knowledge and understanding gained at Key Stage 3 to begin their preparations for further study or the world of work. This is an essential stage in a student’s education as the competencies developed and the GCSE grades gained will be key to gaining a place on A Level or college courses and increasingly these are taken into consideration by universities.

All students are expected to work consistently hard and are set challenging GCSE targets based on their prior attainment. Progress toward these targets is monitored and parents receive an Assessment Tracker report each term, showing their child's target grade and predicted grade along with attitude to learning and home-learning grades in each subject studied. Parents also have the opportunity to discuss their child's academic progress in a consultation evening with all subject teachers and will receive a formal written report annually.

All students take GCSEs in English Language, English Literature, Mathematics and Science, with the vast majority also taking a Modern Foreign Language. Students will then have the option of 3 or 4 subject choices dependent on their curriculum pathway.

Below is the option booklet for each pathway, click on the image to view the option booklet.

GCSE Options Evenings – Subject presentations

Click on the relevant link below to view the PowerPoint presentations from the Options Evening.

Art and Design        Computer Science     Computer Science iMedia       Drama      Food Preparation and Nutrition    Geography              History                MFL           Music        Religious Studies     Click on the link to view Video      Religious Studies Video      Science