"Our extra-curricular provision is extremely rich; there are numerous opportunities for pupils to experience learning beyond the school gates and learn about..."

Extra Curricular

We pride ourselves in developing well-rounded Sixth Form students who are ready for life beyond school. Part of this is encouraging them to become involved with school life beyond their studies. Our students have a vast array of extra-curricular activities to get involved in. We have a strong Performing Arts faculty and our annual show encourages students from all years to work together, with our Sixth Form students often taking leading roles. There are plenty of sporting activities taking place too and our new gym is available to Sixth Form students at times during the school day as well as before and after school. Many students are Sports Leaders and act as coaches or managers for younger teams. In September, our Year 12 students are encouraged to sign up to become peer mentors (for which they receive training) or to help with paired reading or lesson support for younger pupils. We also offer the opportunity to work towards the silver Duke of Edinburgh Award and we run an Outlook Expeditions trip bi-annually which a lot of our students take part in. Additionally, our students can apply to take on a prefect role towards the end of Year 12 which they continue in until the Easter of Year 13. In addition to all of this, there are many departmental trips on offer such as the annual ski trip or the geography trip to Iceland