Our Sixth Form is a high performing Sixth Form which prepares students for life beyond our boundaries, whether this is university, an apprenticeship or the world of work. The majority of Rickmansworth School students continue their studies in our Sixth Form but we also welcome students from other schools. Our bespoke induction programme allows all students to make a seamless transition into their Key Stage 5 studies and the Rickmansworth School community.
The core values of the Sixth Form are: Reflective, Relationships, Resilience, Resourceful, Respect and Responsibility, which together make up the Ricky Rs.
Meet the Team
- Mr White is Director of Sixth Form
- Miss Westland is the Deputy Director of Sixth Form
- Mrs Stannard is in charge of Welfare and Pastoral Care and also facilitates the Bursary fund
- Mrs Mangan is the Sixth Form Learning Mentor
- Mrs Plested and Miss Kennedy are the Sixth Form Administrative Assistants and are on hand all day for the students
They also work very closely with an experienced group of Sixth Form tutors who are on hand to provide support and guidance when required. For those applying to university, tutors also act as Higher Education tutors and support their tutees through the process from start to finish.
We see our role as more than just educating our students academically. We want them to leave our School with a clear idea of the path they wish to pursue, having explored all of their options. We want to develop their skills in resilience, independence, leadership and teamwork so that they can move on from us to become successful in their chosen careers.